14 May Pine Hills Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
The Best Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Near Pine Hills
Annually, more than 300,000 individuals undergo total hip replacement in the United States. In most cases, this condition results from degenerative changes caused by arthritis. However, sometimes orthopedic surgeons recommend this procedure to correct other disorders as well.
At Daouk Orthopaedics, board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon Dr. Ayman Daouk performs both posterior and direct anterior total hip replacement near Pine Hills. He has performed a significant number of hip replacement surgeries during his decades-long career. Dr. Daouk is trained in the direct anterior total hip replacement which has been shown to speed recovery time, with less pain and restrictions that the traditional method. Our goal in hip replacement surgery is to help all our patients resume pain-free, active, and full lives.
Why Choose Dr. Daouk?
The doctor is a highly respected and sought-after, direct anterior hip replacement surgeon near Pine Hills. Dr. Daouk ensures that his patients have the broadest range of practical and safe modern treatment options to relieve various symptoms related to deterioration or damage to the hip. He uses computer navigation during this surgery in order to optimize placement of the new hip joint and improve long term outcomes.
As mentioned earlier, during the consultation, he will conduct a thorough examination and take X-rays to determine whether minimally invasive hip replacement surgery is the best treatment option for you. Dr. Daouk will explain the technique, the recovery time, and post-procedure care required based on his assessment of your joint problem.
Schedule Appointment Online or Call: (407) 355-7478
We offer all of our patients with convenient appointment options and our team is here to provide the best care.
Pine Hills Expert Hip Replacement Surgery Care
Every patient is unique, and that is why Dr. Daouk’s goal is to provide tailored care for each one. Before starting any procedure, he performs a detailed examination and consultation to address each patient’s condition, needs, and concerns. The renowned doctor’s dedication to outstanding patient care enhances his excellent abilities as an orthopedic surgeon.
As one of the leading orthopedic specialists near Pine Hills, FL, Dr. Daouk has expert skills and in-depth knowledge of hip replacement, including recent advancements such as robotic procedures and the anterior method. By choosing proven and effective surgical techniques like the latter, his patients will continue to experience better recovery and less pain.
Dr. Daouk’s number one priority has always been to provide exceptional care to each one of his patients, enabling them to make informed decisions to feel confident in their medical care every step of the way.
About Minimally Invasive Total Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery
The direct anterior surgical approach is a minimally invasive method of performing hip replacement surgery. The advantages of this procedure include:
- The incision is much smaller than conventional methods, resulting in less damage to the surrounding muscles and tissues
- Shorter post-procedure hospital stays
- Less post-operative pain
- Minimal soft-tissue trauma
- Lower blood loss
- Less scarring
- Early mobilization
- Quicker recovery
- Fewer post-operative restrictions
- Speedier return to all normal activities
- Lower risk of hip dislocation
Signs That You May Be a Candidate for a Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Near Pine Hills
Before you decide about getting hip replacement surgery, it is vital to understand whether this procedure is for you. A consultation with Dr. Daouk will help you decide if a hip replacement is your best option. In this procedure, an implant is used to replace the hip joint, helping to improve mobility while relieving pain.
After the direct anterior hip replacement surgery, your recovery starts immediately. You can expect to be on your feet (with some assistance) on the same day as the surgery. Most patients experience significantly improved mobility and notable pain relief within a few weeks.
Dr. Daouk will allow you to return to most regular daily activities very quickly after surgery. However, you need to avoid excess activity too soon so that your body gets the time to heal itself. As your mobility improves through physical therapy, the pain will recede as well.
It is vital to note that if you participate in high-impact activities or are overweight, these lifestyles might accelerate wear and tear of the hip implant, causing it to become loose and painful. In a direct anterior hip replacement near Pine Hills, a prosthetic ball and special prosthetic parts are used to cover the socket. These parts function in tandem, replicating the normal hip joint function.
Unlike the conventional method, not every patient can be a candidate for minimally invasive total anterior hip replacement surgery. Ideally, Dr. Daouk recommends it for patients without significant bone deformity and those of average weight (not very muscular or obese).
About Our Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Procedures
Before The Surgery
Before surgery, Dr. Daouk will have a consultation with you. During this consultation, he will conduct a physical examination and understand your medical history. The doctor will discuss the benefits and individual risks involved in anterior hip replacement surgery. Rest assured that our experienced surgeon would guide you and help you to choose the best option for you and your condition.
During the Surgery
This is how Dr. Daouk carries out direct total anterior hip replacement surgery near Pine Hills:
- A patient undergoing this surgical procedure will receive an artificial implant similar to those used in a conventional total hip replacement.
- For the minimally invasive procedure, Dr. Daouk uses surgical instruments specially designed to cause less damage to the soft tissue around the hip.
- Tendons and muscles near the hip would have to be detached or split in both traditional and minimally invasive surgical procedures. However, the latter allows for less detachment and splitting than the conventional method.
- The incision length will depend on the individual patient and their specific condition, but most incisions will be under 6-8 inches.
- A much smaller incision (than traditional methods,) along with less soft tissue damage, speeds up the healing process, minimizing hip dislocation post-surgery.
Complications and Risks of Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
All surgeries carry some element of risk, whether due to anesthesia or the surgical procedure itself. Complications and dangers with minimally invasive anterior hip replacement are rare, but can include:
- Nerve damage
- Infection at the joint space or incision site
- Hemarthrosis – excessive bleeding into the hip joint post-surgery
- Leg length inequality
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clotting)
Direct Anterior Hip Replacement- Post-operative Care
After a traditional hip replacement surgery, you must follow various precautions to prevent dislocation of the new hip. These guidelines are restrictive and include:
- No crossing of legs
- No sitting in low seats
- No flexing or bending your hip past 90 degrees
- Use elevated toilet seats
- Use a pillow to provide support to the legs when sleeping
In an Pine Hills direct anterior hip replacement, Dr. Daouk will give you specific instructions that you would need to follow at home for a speedier recovery, including:
- Take all medications as prescribed to prevent infection and relieve pain
- Participate in regular physical therapy to restore normal hip strength and function
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and refrain from smoking to facilitate faster recovery and promote healing
- No specific movement or leg position restrictions